COVID-19 Vaccine Information
Our next vaccine clinic opportunities are as follows:
- Wednesday, July 28th
- Friday, August 20th
We'll be offering vaccine appointments at both of our clinic locations on those dates. Please call the clinic directly to schedule.
Clinics will also be offered at Lake Region Healthcare in Fergus Falls on August 11th and August 18th. Call 218.739.2221 to schedule in Fergus Falls.
You may also check with Horizon Public Health for their vaccine opportunities by visiting their website at this link.
With the expansion of the Pfizer vaccine approval for people 12-15 years old, anyone meeting the following criteria is eligible for vaccine when we have an available allotment. :
- 12 years of age or older
- Have had no vaccines in the 14 days prior to first dose
- Have no vaccines scheduled to be received for the 35 days after first dose
We recommend a parent or guardian accompany any minors to their appointment, or if this is not possible, that the minor comes to their vaccine appointment with a completed consent form.
Vaccine Appointment Reminders
- Please note that only the Pfizer vaccine is approved for 12 to 17 year olds. Moderna's vaccine is only approved for people 18 and older.
- A parent or guardian is requested to accompany minor patients. If this is not possible, minors should bring a complete consent form with them to their appointment.
- You will be asked to schedule your second dose when you are scheduled your first shot. The second dose needs to be the same type of vaccine. For Pfizer vaccines, these second appointments are ideally scheduled 21 days after your first dose. For Moderna, the second appointments are scheduled 28 days after the first dose.
- All vaccines are by appointment only, no walk-ins are accepted.
- Do not arrive for your appointment more than 15 minutes early to help with social distancing.
- The COVID-19 vaccine is being provided at no cost, however we will ask for insurance information to submit an administration fee to your insurance company if applicable. If insurance does not cover this fee, it will not be passed on to you.
- A previous relationship with an LRH or PRH provider is not required and vaccine appointments are open to all people, regardless of insurance coverage or provider relationship.
- You will be asked to complete this consent form prior to receiving your vaccine.
- Depending on which vaccine you will be receiving, you may wish to read the appropriate fact sheet prior to arriving.
- Plan to sit for 15 minutes of observation after you receive your vaccine. If you have allergies, you will need to sit for 30 minutes.
- Read this document for more details about potential side effects to watch for after receiving your vaccine and how to sign up for the VSafe program.
Q&A About the Vaccine
This vaccine, which has two doses, is critical in saving lives, stopping the spread of coronavirus, and ending the pandemic. You can learn more about the COVID-19 vaccine and its safety at the links below.
Horizon Public Health Vaccine Resources (Grant, Stevens, Douglas, Pope & Traverse County)