Our swing bed program provides a level of care between hospital acute care and home for patients who continue to need daily skilled nursing care and/or skilled rehabilitation.
Swing bed would be appropriate if you or a loved one needs any of the following care:
- Need to heal and regain strength through physical, occupational and/or speech therapies to aid in a safe return home or to other living arrangements, post acute medical or surgical stay.
- Specialized wound care.
- IV therapy.
- Stroke rehabilitation.
- Orthopedic rehabilitation after any surgery.
Qualifications for swing bed
- Your swing bed care must be related to an acute inpatient hospital stay that was at least three nights long in the past 30 days.
- Patients must require one or more of the following: daily skilled care, nursing and/or rehabilitation (physical, occupational and/or speech therapy).
- Admission into the swing bed program may occur either at discharge from your acute hospital stay or within 30 days of discharge.
- Patients must actively participate in their rehabilitation and show progress toward their goals.
Who pays for swing bed?
Medicare Part A will generally pay for swing bed if the qualifications are met. Many commercial insurances also offer swing bed coverage, which our finance department will verify prior to admission.